“Z” if for Zone – Bankruptcy Court Zones
After I file a bankruptcy for someone I spend a few moments answering any last questions they have and then let my clients know about their upcoming Section 341 Court Hearing. Their next question is usually, why do I have to go to Detroit, Flint, etc.? Well here is your answer.
Your bankruptcy is filed in the Federal Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. The Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan has four locations for Section 341 Court Hearings.
- The Detroit Bankruptcy Court has its meetings at 211 West Fort Street, Suite 315 Detroit, Michigan 48226:
- The Detroit location covers all cases filed in Jackson*, Lenawee*, Macomb, Monroe*, Oakland, St. Clair, Sanilac, Washtenaw*, and Wayne counties.
- * The Ann Arbor Hearing Room has meetings at the U.S. District Court of Ann Arbor 200 E. Liberty Street Ann Arbor, MI 48108:
- The Ann Arbor Hearing Room covers Chapter 7 Hearings only for Parts of Jackson, Lenawee, Monroe and Washtenaw counties. All other hearings or 341 hearings for Chapter 13 cases are held in Detroit.
- The Flint Bankruptcy Court has its meetings at 600 Church Street Room G-19 Flint, Michigan 48502:
- The Flint location covers all cases filed in Genesee, Lapeer, Livingston, and Shiawassee counties.
- The Bay City Bankruptcy Court has its meetings at 101 First Street Bay City, Suite 103 Michigan 48708:
- The Bay City location Coverers all cases filed in Alcona, Alpena, Arenac, Bay, Cheboygan, Clare, Crawford, Gladwin, Gratiot, Huron, Iosco, Isabella, Midland, Montmorency, Ogemaw, Oscoda, Otsego, Presque Isle, Roscommon, Saginaw, and Tuscola counties.
There you have it. Where your Bankruptcy hearing is held is determined by what county you live in. Also, in the Ann Arbor and Jackson area what Chapter of Bankruptcy you are filing also helps make the decision where your hearing will be held.
Peter Behrmann is a Livonia Bankruptcy Attorney. From my Livonia, Michigan location, I represent clients throughout Metro Detroit and beyond, including Garden City, Wayne, Westland, Redford, Dearborn, Taylor, Ann Arbor, Belleville, Northville, Novi, Farmington, Farmington Hills, Plymouth, Canton, and the Counties of Wayne, Oakland, Livingston, and Washtenaw. My practice is limited to helping consumers like you file Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, and Foreclosure Prevention.
Photo Credit: Myrone Delacruz’s
Other Bankruptcy Attorneys Blogging on the Letter “Z”:
- Zero – Jacksonville Bankruptcy Attorney, J. Dinkins G. Grange, Esquire
- Zillion – Bay Area Bankruptcy Lawyer Cathy Moran
- Zany – Wisconsin Bankruptcy Lawyer, Bret Nason
- Zero – Neighbor Island Bankruptcy Attorney, Stuart Ing
- Zero Percent Plan – Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska Bankruptcy Attorney, Ryan D. Caldwell
- Zero Plan Payment – Cleveland Bankruptcy Attorney Bill Balena
- Zombie – New York City bankruptcy attorney Jay S. Fleischman
- ZZZZZZZZ – Metro Richmond Consumer and Bankruptcy Attorney, Mitchell Goldstein